Monday, May 7, 2012

What video card will fit my PC?

I just bought a JATON Video-PX8500GT-512 GeForce 8500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card.



Was just making sure it will fit my PC. I have an HP a720n. looking at the slots in my PC it appears the graphics slot is PCI-Express which is what the video card i bought is but i just wanted to make sure.|||Expansion slots available for an a720n:



PCI Three (two open)

DIMM Two (one available)

AGP 8x One (available)



No PCI-e|||So you bought a GFX card then ask us if it will fit...|||If you already have the parts, why not just try to put it in? If they're bot PCI Express, it'll fit.|||Desktop or Tower? You might need a low-profile card if its a desktop case.|||Looking on google, it says that PC has a VGA slot, not a PCI-e x16 slot.





That won't work.|||According to the motherboard specifications, the motherboard contains three PCI slots and one AGP 8x/4x slot. I'm sorry, but your graphics card is not compatible with your motherboard. You'll have to switch the card out for an AGP one.

No comments:

Post a Comment