Wednesday, May 9, 2012

512mb ATI Radeon Video Card for HP Laptop (dv7z series)?

A question about a video card ablity for a laptop.

When I was building a laptop I was interested in buying, I was interested in the video card. Using the model of a HP Pavilion Entertainment dv7z custom notbook, I wanted to put a 512mb ATI Radeon 3450 video card in it. However I was wondering if it could support dual monitors with the laptop being the primary one and another be the external. After doing some research I could not find a answer. My final question is can that video card support dual monitors?|||As a general rule laptops support a second monitor, as they are used for presentation software in a portable format, but only in clone mode. If you are trying to figure out if you can stretch your desktop you will have to connect and look at the video driver to see if it supports that function. A standard install of XP on an older laptop shows that you should be able to stretch across the two monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment