Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is it time to upgrade my video card, its 9800 pro?

Is it time to upgrade my video card, its 9800 pro? I can still play Company of Heroes on low settings fine,and other new games like Need For Speed Carbon,Half Life2. Oh yeah I have a question why does it start to lag pretty bad when I load a big map in Company of Heroes? Is it because I have only 512mb system ram or because 128mb video ram?|||If you are wanting to keep playing the newest and best games under decent settings, it is definitely time to look at upgrading your graphics card (and perhaps your RAM). It is widely recommended to have at least 256mb on your video card now a days (especially if you plan on upgrading to Windows Vista any time soon and get the new effects).



I just recently upgraded my older PC to the 256mb version of the Radeon 9800. They are pretty cheap now especially since the more hardcore graphics cards have come out.



I would definitely recommend moving up the graphics card and look into upgrading your ram into the 1gb zone if you want to keep up with the gaming. The more RAM the faster your games will load probably.|||both. i would suggest a gig or ram and a geforce 8 series for gaming.. AT LEAST.



but to be honest.. if you dont have sli capabilities, or a dual core processor.. i would keep your machine until you have to upgrade it. we are entering a new era, no use in upgrading what will soon be outdated anyways.|||upgrade you RAM to 1Gb because your video card is not too old,|||double up your ram. this will help alot.also de frag your computer and check for spyware (adware se) has a free version which is not too bad it will get rid of alot of spyware.

No comments:

Post a Comment