Monday, May 7, 2012

When finding a video card for gaming what specs should you look for?

I'm looking for a new video card for my computer, and I'm not sure what parts of the video cards matter the most or what I should be looking for. For example how much of a difference does it make if one video card has 512MB of memory and the other has 1GB? Will it make a difference if I try to play a game that requires 512MB ?|||1. You can google benchmarks of ANY card, and it will show you how fast or slow the card performs in games. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/02…



2. Video memory/amount DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT determine a card's performance. I could show you a fast 512MB card, and a slow 1GB card. Video memory is simply utilized by the screen resolution you're gaming at. The higher the resolution, the more video memory the game will use. If you game at 1680x1050 (or below), then 512MB is capable of providing enough video memory. If 1920x1080, then a card with 1GB video memory is preferred. Again, this isn't a factor which determines the card's performance, period.



3. If you list your budget, I'll recommend a good one. Also, you must keep in mind that every card has a minimum power supply requirement. If you don't meet the card's power supply requirement's, then you need to upgrade the power supply, period.|||Vid card chart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utjw77kHk…|||1gb is about current. 512mb will run games like black ops and crysis about medium, around 30-40fps, depending on the card. Get a 1gb card, if your computer can handle it. A cheap one would be ATI radeon hd 5000 series and up. 5770 can max out any current game, and I lock it at 60hz (I have 120hz monitor). make sure that your motherboard and psu can handle a new graphics card though.

No comments:

Post a Comment