Monday, May 7, 2012

512mb or 1gb video card problem?

Okay so hes the problem,i have been getting these problems like my video card has 1gb or 512mb VRAM.On Steam it shows 1024 VRAM and on SystemRequirementsLab also 1Gb,My ATI Catalyst control center,Information center --->Graphics hardware shows me my memory size 1024mb.On the other hand S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl game install shows me 512mb and a Program called GPU-Z the same thing-512mb?What is the problem?Is my graphics card 512mb or 1gb VRAM.Also i almost forgot the graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4600series-4670 i think.Thanks.|||If GPU-Z shows 512MB, then your card has 512MB and the rest is shared system memory.|||Your video card have 512MB of VRAM and most likely another 512MB of shared RAM from your RAM sticks. Thats how it got the 1GB of total VRAM.

So your Video Card only have 512MB of VRAM.|||I'm not sure. One thing I would suggest is google-ing some dedicated tech forums. Or putting your model name and number in google.

I was having trouble with my video card recently and I found out a few cool things on google without too much effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment