Thursday, April 26, 2012

Questions for PNY GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB XLR8 Video Card?

I have an Inspiron 531 with 2 gigs of RAM, a 300 watt power supply, and a very crappy video card..

I want to get a GeForce 9800 because its on sale, but i need to know a few questions:

1.Since it needs 450 watts, do i really have to upgrade my power supply?

2.I understand that it needs 2, 6 pin connectors and i have one, but i dont understand the 2nd, 4 pin molex to 6 pin adapter... how does that work?

3. I originally wanted the GeForce 9500 GT, but this one was like 20$ cheaper and a lot better.. should it get the the 9500 GeForce instead?

4. I have a lot of games (Cod: MW2, AoE 3, SPORE, Sims 3) and does this let them look their best with graphics without any lagging?|||1: Yes



2: You should see some four pin connectors from your power supply that look like this:

______

/OOOO\



Two of those can be converted to a six pin connector using a small adapter.



3: Factor in the cost of a new PSU and decide for yourself.



4: The only game of the ones you listed I could imagine you having any trouble with is MW2, but as long as you don't max out the settings you shouldn't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment