Friday, April 27, 2012

I want to upgrade my video card to a GeForce 9600GT SSC 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI?

I have a Dell Dimension 9100 desktop will this card be fully functional in my desktop?|||Hi, I went ahead and checked out your computer specs from here (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy… What you needed is a PCI Express x16 slot which your computer DOES have. However, the 9600GT SSC edition recommends that you have a 400 watt power supply inside your computer. The specs sheet shows that your desktop only have a 375 watt power supply. Now if you decide to put the video card in anyway, it will function until you start running very demanding games. When your video card starts demanding more power your power supply can give it, your computer will automatically shut down. So I'd recommend you get a new power supply along with that card. Here's a really good one in case your looking for one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

No comments:

Post a Comment