Friday, April 6, 2012

Low Profile video cards?

Hello, I am a PC gamer...I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2. And Counter-Strike: Source. I would like to play better graphical games (like DiRT, NFS, etc.) but can't because my video card isn't very good.



I have a Galaxy 9600gt with 512mb DDR3 clocked at:

600 MHz Core Clock

1500 MHz Shader Clock

900 MHz Memory Clock



I have 6gigs of RAM with a Dual-Core CPU at 2.60 GHz, but upgrading my computer is out of the question right now as I have a budget of $150 USD.



So what's a good LOW PROFILE fitting Graphics card that will allow me to play games like DiRT 2 and record in good quality without much FPS lag? Under $150.|||EVGA offers a few great video cards in that price range @ newegg.com



Keep in mind if your considering a better graphics card you also most likely need a better power supply to power the card. Which can cost an extra 100 for a decent one. Be sure to check the spec's of the card before you purchase any.



Upgrading the cpu might be a more cost effective option, as long as your system can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment