Friday, April 27, 2012

Can I SLI two video cards that are the same model but different manufacturers?

So I've got a card that I'd like to SLI now, but it happens to be discontinued. It's a KFA2 GeForce 8600GT 512MB. I found a couple on ebay, but they're made by different manufacturers. The one I'm looking at is made by nVidia, but other than that, it's the same card. Will I be able to SLI the two cards?|||First of all, Nvidia makes the chipset, not the card. Any brand will work.

Keep in mind that putting them together does not make 2x the performance; in fact, depending on the scaling, it may be anywhere from 1.1x to 1.7x the performance. I recommending getting the best single-card setup, which at this time is the GTX 280.|||sli will work as long as you have the same GPU's on the two video cards :) hope i helped :) good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment