Friday, April 27, 2012

Please tell me which of these two video cards is better?

Ok, well I'm looking to buy a new video card, and have narrowed it down to the following two. I'm just not sure which is better. Also, I'm pretty sure of these two, and would prefer you compare these, then suggest another card. If you must suggest another card, I'd prefer it be on Newegg, and be no more than $150 with shipping and tax (CA), because I'm buying a few other things, and I don't want to go over a certain amount. But anyway, I would prefer if you stuck to these two cards. Info below, and thanks for the help!



XFX GeForce 8600GT



-256MB GDDR3 Memory (128-bit)

-Core Clock - 620MHz

-Memory Clock - 1600MHz





Radeon HD 2600XT



-512MB GDDR3 Memory (128-bit)

-Core Clock - 830MHz

-Memory Clock - 1920MHz

-120 Stream Processing Units



Everything else is virtually the same. Also, don't compare by price, or rebate. Especially the rebates, because by the time I order this, the rebate will be gone. (Exp. 02/29/08).



Thanks for all the help, and adding details with the websites!|||Hands down, the ATi product is better.



However....if you are using a mobo with an nVidia chipset, the additional headaches are not worth the better output and lower price. In this case, I'd recommend upgrading to the 8800 GTS or 8800 GT.



In anycase, if you're using an ATI or VIA or other Generic (i.e. Intel) chipset, skip the 2600 and go for the 3850 or 3870. The 50 is a $150 (or less) card, and the 70 is a $250 (or less) card. Both are better the 2600, and if you've about $450 to play with, go for the HD3870 X2, which kills the 8800Ultra on almost every benchmark.



The two links below are google search results for HD3870 and HD 3870 X2.



Good Luck!|||HD 2600xt see for your self on benchmarks you can find on google, the only drawback is the ati draws twice as much power|||I would recomend the 2600xt in your price range...

but if you could stretch your budget just a little, grab a 9600GT, great card for the price...and beats cards that sound better but are not.



but yeah 2600xt

No comments:

Post a Comment