Sunday, May 6, 2012

DO I need to Uninstall my INTEL Chipset for my new video card?

I just bought a ATI RADEON HD 3450 512mb Video Card and my current video device I am using is a Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, do I need to unistall the Drivers for the Intel chipset? If so how do I do it? I RUN VISTA|||you DO NOT want to do anything to the chipset driver, instead, you want to disable (for the love of all that is holy NOT UNINSTALL) but "disable" the other video driver, then install the new driver with the CD, then install the new card itself. You can disable it in the device manager. Hope this helps ^^|||No.. Your PC will find and use the most appropriate drivers for your hardware just fine, it's all plug and play. Just plug in your new video card, switch on and run the installation program that came with it. You may need to reboot once or twice.|||Disable it, you might need it again if the new card dies and you're waiting for it's replacement. The only time you would un-install is if you were replacing an old card with a new card. Then you would un-install the drivers for the old card.

No comments:

Post a Comment